“So what did you do with your winnings from The Amazing Race?” is probably the most common question we get asked recently. But when we asked this wonderful community if you had questions for us (WHEW…) you came up with some good ones that were not that.
On our latest podcast we answered the The Amazing Race money question in full detail and so many other really, really insightful questions that may even spark meaningful discussions in your house. Like, “If you listed all the things you love, how long before you listed yourself?” (That one got me.)
A Few Of Our Favorite Things
If you know us at all, you’ll probably not be surprised to hear that we had totally different approaches to answering the “listing yourself” question. Our entire philosophies of life are quite different from each other, but we think we do a good job of balancing each other out.
We also played a lightning round of our favorite things, one of which included our favorite meal to make at home: Pork Lettuce Wraps. We haven’t made them in a while, so that is going on my meal plan for this week. Here is the recipe if you want to give them a try:
GROUND PORK LETTUCE WRAPS AND CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 carrots (or more) finely chopped
- 3 TBSP peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 – 8 oz can of diced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder (to thicken sauce if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- Large cabbage leaves or Bibb lettuce for serving
- Salt to taste
- Cauliflower rice or your choice of veggies
- (optional) Sriracha for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and ginger to saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork and cook until it is fully browned.
- Add water chestnuts, coconut aminos, and toasted sesame oil. Stir until well combined.
- Optional) Add 2 tsp of arrowroot powder to thicken sauce.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve the mixture into cabbage leaves or bibb lettuce.
- Pair with cauliflower rice or your favorite veggies.
Listen in at one of the links below to hear all our answers to your questions, a small soap box about youth sports, and an update on how Penn is doing.
What questions did we miss? Listen and tell us in the comments. Thanks for being here.