Anxiety Soup: Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla
If you feel your anxiety rising, lean in, stir it up and eat it like a soup. This is a recipe I call Anxiety Soup. But really, it’s Chicken Tortilla. I find myself making this when I’m stressed, hence the name. Though I re-named the ingredients in the video, there is an actual recipe. And I promise it’s delicious.
I use an Instant Pot but you could use this same recipe in a slow cooker or in a big pot on the stove. Remember, add coconut milk as the final step before serving no matter how you prepare.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (aka Anxiety Soup)
Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 – 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla strips
- Fresh cilantro
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and sprinkle with salt
- Add in all ingredients EXCEPT COCONUT MILK (this is very important)
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 18 minutes
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes (or until your family starts yelling that they are hungry)
- Pull out the chicken
- Add the can of coconut milk, switch to sauté mode and stir until well combined
- Dice the chicken then add it back to the soup
- Top with your choice of garnishes or eat as it is, there’s no wrong answer – there you have it, Anxiety Soup!
What recipes do you like to make when you are feeling stress? Let us know in the comments!