How to Build Lasting Trust in Relationships
We have mentioned in previous podcast episodes that we’re working on a marriage book and trust will definitely have a chapter (or two). We all know trust plays a huge role in any relationship, but trust in marriage is another story. We all bring certain experiences to a relationship, and I share a story of a past relationship (with a serial cheating boyfriend) that made me very untrusting. On the podcast this week, we talk about some sources of mistrust. Financial infidelity or even a general lack of communication are a couple examples.
“At minimal, you have to have trust in yourself.”– Kim
Penn chimes in with his view, including his 5 tips for how to build trust with your significant other.
- Build a track record in other relationships. Show you can be loyal and trustworthy in other relationships.
- Overcommunicate when you’re apart.
- Celebrate how bad of a liar you are. You’ll have to listen to the podcast for this explanation.
- Mention your significant other the minute you think someone is flirting with you. I test Penn’s conversational skills with a rapid fire test that he hits out of the park.
- You don’t have to tell your spouse everything. Penn gives an example to clarify this one. Clarity is a must for this tip.
Ready to build lasting trust in your relationships? Here’s how you can listen:
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/D2a2kaqadkzevt74lunuc3lho6q?t=How_to_Build_Lasting_Trust_in_Relationships-The_Holderness_Family_Podcast