If you haven’t noticed, I love me some buffalo-flavored anything. When I’m not making buffalo cauliflower bites, I rely on these buffalo chicken meatballs as my go-to party appetizer spread. (Remember when we used to have parties and potlucks? Good times.) These meatballs are super simple to throw together and they taste great. Lately, I’ve made them for a fun weekend snack or to have for lunch with a salad and veggies.
Though I’ve never met a beautiful loaf of bread or pizza I didn’t love, they don’t always love me back. That’s why in the last few years, I’ve been lessening gluten and dairy from my diet. Luckily, I have been feeling less bloated and way more energy. I’ve made this recipe gluten-free for myself and also the long list of friends and family who have found less gluten makes them feel better.
Let me be honest though…I rarely turn down a slice of pizza. Life is all about balance.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Makes 18-20 meatballs (depending on size)
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I use the Primal brand but Frank’s wing sauce is widely available. I also choose “mild” because I’m a wimp.)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and combine well
- Roll mixture into 1.5/2-inch balls
- Place on greased baking sheet for 20-25 minutes
- Serve with homemade ranch, buffalo sauce, or enjoy as is!
What quick weekend snack have you been whipping up recently? And is it buffalo flavored? If so, let me know!