I feel very fortunate to have had our careers and health for the past two years, but I have been in an emotional slump. As we move into life in post-pandemic times, I am very aware of how I want to re-enter it. I have been very intentional the past few weeks to re-engage more in my social circle. You guys, I even did things with other people on FOUR days last week! That’s a whole lot of extroverting for me, but I am determined to push past this slump.
Hobbies That Don’t Serve Us
Penn has been in a recent slump with his tennis hobby. He realized he has been putting more emphasis on his athletic performance instead of just having fun. As you may know, I am currently on the hunt for a new hobby myself. As I head into this hobby-hunting journey, Penn and I discuss how to know when a hobby isn’t serving us in good ways. I certainly don’t want what’s supposed to be my stress relief to turn into a stressor. I know that I am a very competitive person and like to win, so a hobby focused on competition likely isn’t going to be the best for me.
Join us this week as we chat about our slumps, old and new hobbies (first up – Tai Chi!), and living life to the fullest.
- Acast: https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/618c3caaa322d1001350082c
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/were-in-a-slump/id1378725018?i=1000557206768
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7vY88OgWyQibj9E9R8jZqL?si=bYEwpIBXQy6ja9dVo5kqAw
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/holdermess-the-holderness-family-podcast/episode/were-in-a-slump-202271456
- Pandora: https://www.pandora.com/podcast/the-holderness-family-podcast/were-in-a-slump/PE:9123132
- Amazon: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/094464e9-aad9-4b09-8ee8-248c76b48bd6/episodes/f63fd557-92a5-480a-99ff-658746cebe5b/the-holderness-family-podcast-we’re-in-a-slump