Raise your hand if your inner eight-year-old cried a little when you heard Disney properties were closed temporarily in 2020? We applaud them for putting people above profits, but my heart broke for the families who had planned trips that year.
So let’s make a little Disney magic at home, shall we? A trip to the parks is not complete without a signature Dole Whip. What’s that? You’ve never had a Dole Whip? Well, let me tell you about this magic in a cup.
It’s an iconic soft serve treat made famous in Disney parks. As a kid growing up in Florida, we’d make yearly trips to Disney World. I remember waiting in line for my whipped treat then getting sticky fingers trying to eat it before it melted in the Florida heat.
Over the years, I’ve tinkered with the recipe at home and I’ve come up with a Healthy-ish version. We’ve made so many times I can eyeball the amounts. I use maple syrup instead of granulated sugar and organic coconut milk. You’ll need a high-speed blender or food processor to create the soft serve consistency.
Here’s exactly what you’ll need to make four servings (I’ll confess, this serves 4 normal people. In our house, we love this so much it really only lasts for two of us.)
Healthy-ish Dole Whip Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (I use the full fat canned coconut milk)
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Pineapple slices, for garnish (optional)
- Large plastic bag (optional) to pipe into a cup for serving.
- Load all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. You may have to stop and scrape the sides a few times to make sure the mixture is well blended.
- To get super fancy, you can pour the mixture into a large plastic bag, cut the end and pipe your homemade Dole Whip into a cup for serving.
- OR you can eat it straight out of the blender. I won’t judge you.