I am not a procrastinator. I love lists, plans, and getting places early. All these things help manage my anxiety and help me feel in control. So when the news broke that shipping and supply chain issues may impact holiday shopping, I can’t say I didn’t panic inside. We even wrote a PSA parody reminding people to shop early this year.
So in the spirit of helping manage the added stress of holiday shopping, I put together a list of gift ideas for everyone on your list. These items may require a longer lead time or be expected to sell out, so you can feel good about your shopping to get these marked off your list now.
Here are 20 holiday gift ideas for the early shopper:
Gifts For All
- If you know Penn at all, you know he is ALWAYS losing things. These Apple AirTags are a lifesaver to keep up with his keys. You can also sew them into backpacks, stick them into a wallet, really anything that your loved ones are losing often.
- These are a bit of a splurge, but I live in these Nike AirForce Ones. I wear them with literally everything – jeans, skirts, sweatpants. I love that they are cute and comfortable. Perfect for the Mom in your life who is always on the go.
- It’s no secret how excited Penn and I got after our first time playing Pickleball. We love that it’s a game the whole family can play together. A set of pickleball paddles is a great motivator to give the game a try. We are betting you love it!
- When I’m stressed or anxious, I hold all of that tension in my shoulders. This neck massager is ah-mazing and helps me relax every time. Perfect for a friend or family member who needs a little TLC.
- For all the campers or sports parents in your life, the YETI Roadie Cooler is a splurge but it really does an excellent job of keeping everything cold. We’ve had a collection of coolers over the years, and the YETI Roadie wins hands down as our favorite.
- Don’t forget the fabulous teacher on your Christmas list. These teacher book stamps are so handy for teachers to label all of their classroom books. They will also appreciate that the gift is not another coffee mug.
- If you spend half your day hauling kids around to school and sports like I do, then I’m sure your car is filled with crumbs, dirt, and stray french fries. This portable car vacuum is convenient for quick clean-ups. Perfect for someone who likes a practical gift.
- If you’re shopping for an introvert who enjoys staying in, our ‘I Can’t Go’ shirt is one of my favorite clothing items. It’s soft and comfy, not to mention hilarious. Whenever I have it on, Penn gets the message loud and clear. We’re not going anywhere.
For The Young At Heart
- If you have a young Star Wars fan in your life, get one of these Snackin’ Grogu toys before they sell out. (It’s sort of weird, but I mean, he is also pretty cute.) This gift is predicted to be one of the most popular toys this year.
- For the bookworm in your life, this hanging chair is a fun (and Instagram-worthy) addition to their bedroom or hang out space. This chair could also work on a porch, deck, or backyard tree if they prefer the great outdoors.
- For the younger ones on your list, this classic name puzzle is a sweet keepsake gift with educational value built in. I also love how you can pick a theme to go along with the letters like dinosaurs, unicorns, or even Santa.
- You may see ‘doll’ and think that they are only for little kids, but these fabulous look-alike dolls can be made for literally anyone. I’m already picturing what our entire doll family would look like if we got them made.
- Every year our family reads the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve. You can get your own tradition started with this personalized version that includes a child’s name in the story. Perfect for your kids or the little one in your life.
Personalization For The Win
- Personalized neon signs are all the rage these days. I’m dreaming of a bright “The Holderness Family” sign to light up our back deck area. If you have a tween or teen, they would love a sign for their room too.
- These cute personalized doormats add a nice welcoming touch to your front door. A great gift for the home decor aficionado on your list, or the friend who loves to entertain guests at their home.
- This personalized name necklace is so pretty and would make a great gift for any age. I also love the idea of getting them with the kids’ names on them as well. Perfect for a new Mom, Grandma, or a teen who loves to layer their jewelry.
- I have always been a fan of these beautiful watercolor home portraits especially after seeing a friend of mine that had a collection of portraits of all the homes her family had lived in through the years. These also make great housewarming gifts.
- For the traveler on your list, these leather toiletry bags can be custom engraved. There’s even a spot to leave a sweet, personal message on the inside of the bag. Perfect for someone who is always on the go to be reminded they are loved.
For the Pet Parents
- If you have a pet lover on your list, they will surely love a custom pet pillow of their favorite four-legged friend. This would make a sweet gift for the college student who has to live away from their family pet while at school.
- Of course our dog, Sunny, gets a spot on my shopping list too. This personalized dog collar is a cute way to freshen up your furry friend’s worn out collar. With the personalization built onto the collar, you don’t have to worry about noisy name tags dangling off.
What must-have items are you shopping for this year? Tell us in the comments!